Picking A Good Treadmill
With the mainstream media constantly bombarding us with talk of an obesity epidemic, many people consider buying a treadmill for use at home. However, there are many things you should consider when buying a treadmill to ensure you have a good experience after you have bought your treadmill. These include:
Find The Best Treadmill For Your Home! Buy Online With Confidence
• Ensuring the treadmill fits in your home- there is no point in buying a treadmill
if it is too big to fit in to the gap you have put aside for it. Measure the area in the house where you will put the treadmill before you buy a treadmill.
• Ensure that your chosen treadmill has a good quality motor with continuous output- Make sure you buy a treadmill which has a motor with a continuous output of at least 1.5 horsepower- more if you are a heavier person.
• Ensure that your treadmill has the right belt- it should be thick (at least 2 ply), wider than your should length, and at least ¾” thick.
• Find a Treadmill with a low impact, shock absorbing deck- this is important. A low impact, shock absorbing deck will be easier on your joints and back. This will ensure that you are less likely to get injured, and your exercise routine will be more effective.
• Make sure the treadmill has a good quality frame- don’t buy a treadmill just because it is cheap. A good mid range treadmill will have a sturdy steel frame. If you can by a high end treadmill it will be made of aircraft-quality aluminum, which is lighter and therefore easier to move.
• Don’t get duped by fancy programming- many treadmills come with fancy programming like “Heart rate control programs.” However your primary consideration should be the frame and the belt. These are more expensive then computer programming, so make sure fancy programming is not just an excuse to hide an inferior quality machine.
I applaud you for considering buying a treadmill, as exercise will make you happier and healthier. However, you should follow the steps listed in this article to ensure that your happy exercise occasion does not turn to heartbreak.